Saturday, February 20, 2010

2010: Good movies coming soon?

Okay. So I'm expecting a few good movies this year.

Clash of the Titans
This is the story of Perseus, the mortal son of Zeus the god, going on to a mission of fighting against Hades, the vengeful god of the underworld. So here we are, having a story on greek myth! Wow! And omg we have Sam Worthington as Perseus! This really sounds so cool. It is actually a remake of the Clash of Titans (1981), and ofcourse I'm sure it can pull off well with the advanced CG and stuffs. But I just hope it has a great script and a good director. It's not that I don't trust Louis Leterrier (director of The Incredible Hulk and Danny the Dog), and I totally believe that Louis gonna do a great job, but I'm just so scared that a great story like this is badly handled. Just look at Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. The Greek mythology-feel is so weak and it's just so.... teenager-ish? bad script? weird acting? bad portraying of the characters? I walk out of the theatre thinking, "Okay it's not bad, but weird, but good, but weird, but hmmm... bad?". Because I believe the story and idea is really good, though I didn't read the story book, but it's definitely a great story to do a series, and the guy is so cute (better than Harry Potter). Well I don't believe they will make a sequel now since the characters are so dumb and weird... Okay maybe I'm too harsh, it's a good teenage movie afterall.

Robin Hood
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I'm just thrilled, heart goes wild, breath taken away, to find out about this!
And why is this so? Because... *drum roll please*....
Ridley Scott is the director! Okay those asking who this is can go and knock your head three times. Ridley Scott is the director of Alien(1979), Gladiator (2000), Black Hawk Down (2001), American Gangster (2007), and Body of Lies (2008). Okay maybe there are a few bad movies inbetween, but Ridley is definitely the man. This is not the Robin Hood story we knew (the one with Kevin Costner, Robin Hood: Prince of Thief), rather the making of the legend we have come to know him as now. Excited? Well I am. Because we have Russell Crowe as Robin Hood, and Cate Blanchett as Maid Marian.

And we also have Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Iron Man 2 coming up. And then there's a great news for animation lovers, Toy Story 3 is coming after mid-2010! Wow Woody and Buzz! And we also have Shrek Forever After somewhere I think.

Right now I'm waiting impatiently for Alice in Wonderland and The Book of Eli to show in the cinemas! I can't wait... I love Johnny Depp and Denzel Washington.


Hmmm frankly, I think I'm expecting Toy Story 3 more than any of the above films. lol.